Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Cake Slice Bakers: M'hanncha (still?)

We continue to bake from "World Class Cakes" by Roger Pizey! 
This month the Cake Choices are...
Olive Oil Cake with Fresh Peaches p.83, Hummingbird Cake p.34,
M’hanncha p.234 and Oliver Peyton’s Strawberry and Marjoram Cream Tart p.250
~*~

 The recipe called for phyllo pastry, but since I have this pack of shredded phyllo pastry (kataifi) for the past several months in my freezer - it was time to use it!  I hope that the different status of the pastry will not change the name of the dish!  Made half the amount for the filling, used half for this with some left in the freezer!  
 Impossible to get any good pictures this morning (apologies!), with and without flash!
Delicious with thick black Turkish coffee!  
~*~
M’hanncha p.234
"World Class Cakes" by Roger Pizey
~*~
Please scroll down to see all the beautiful cakes that were baked this month, and don't forget to check out our Facebook Page. Also, if you are interested in joining the #TheCakeSliceBakers, please send an email to Felice at thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com, and she will send you all the information you need! We are a great bunch of bakers, happy to make new friends!

The Cake Slice Badge


6 comments:

Gina said...

It looks delicious Emily! I really am going to try this soon.

Emily said...

Gina, It was actually quite easy (with Kataifi, I did buy a package of the sheet phyllo, but due to space constrains, made do with Kataifi!). All mixing by hand!

SusanB said...

It looks so interesting with the shredded phyllo! Love it.

kitchen flavours said...

Well done! Your cake looks super special and fabulous! Thumbs up for trying this cake!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

This was the one that got away from me, I just did not think I would have time to make it so I went with the secure choice. Thanks for being daring and showing us all how it is done - your cake is simply spectacular. Next time, no more shirking for me, I am going to be more like Emily :)

OvenDelights said...

This looks decadent! Nicely done Emily!