Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 17, 2018

CC#27: Penne with(out) pancetta, onions and chopped tomatoes

Even without pancetta, still good as a vegetarian dish.
I made a small batch of the sauce as this meal was for one pax.  I used skinless cherry tomatoes with a huge dollop of tomato paste. While canned skinless cherry tomatoes are available, it is so easy to make your own especially if you need only a small amount. Just cut crosses at the tips of ten cherry tomatoes and 'cook' them for a minute or two in boiling water. Drain and peel them.
Recipe from pg 172 of
Pronto! Let's cook Italian in 20 minutes by Gino D'Acampo
I am sharing this recipe at Cookbook Countdown #27
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.  Join us at Cookbook Countdown! 

2 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

We like this too. Ours with bacon! haha!

Zosia said...

I once peeled 1kg of cherry tomatoes for a sauce and I thought never again...but for this recipe, maybe. It looks awfully good.